According to MarketingSherpa’s 2012 Email Marketing Benchmark Report, 67% of organizations plan on increasing email budget in 2012.
Email marketing continues to prove it is an effective marketing tool…when used appropriately. Your goal is to get the recipient to open AND respond to the email.
One of the key’s to making an small business email marketing campaign successful is to focus on the subject line.
Subject lines are what all recipients see first. If the subject line is appealing, they will open the email; this gets you one step closer to a prospect and ultimately, a sale.
There is no “magic” formula for a subject line, however, there are several factors that impact a a small business email marketing campaign, for example:
- Use Action Words – e.g. “take two minutes to change the world”
- Piquing curiosity
- Creating a sense of urgency
- Using creativity or humour
When you are planning your next email campaign, consider the following…
- Does the email answer the recipient’s question? Have you given them a reason to open it?
- Does the copy (i.e. content) meet the expectations set by the subject line?
- What is the length of the subject line; what does the recipient actually see? Shorter and accurate is better than long; if it has to long, “front load” with most important info
- Test and Analyze your results – see what works and what doesn’t.
Real Growth for Real Business.
Reality Business Consulting (www.realityconsulting.ca) is a Toronto Internet Marketing Company who helps your business find customers and keep customers. We use sound and proven marketing principles to create a profitable online brand for your business by developing a high-quality and SEO-friendly WordPress website at the core of your online marketing strategy.
I am George Giantsopoulos, an accomplished entrepreneur and Principle of Reality Business Consulting. If you are searching for a team of knowledgeable and proven marketing professionals to grow your business, contact me for a complimentary consultation.